Driving organisational success and growth requires good timely marketing planning, and with Expo 2020 Dubai approaching in the next calendar year, it is advisable to start planning your Expo marketing activities now.
Being proactive and planning ahead is key to a successful marketing delivery, so here are 8 essential tips for getting your Expo 2020 Dubai marketing planning off to a great start in 2019.
Considering your Expo 2020 Dubai priorities
With today’s limited resources, tight budgets, and the reactive ‘fire-fighting’ we all experience to complete last-minute requests, marketeers often end up leaving it to the last minute to plan their annual activities – but with an event the magnitude of Expo 2020 Dubai to plan for, this simply isn’t an option.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Have you aligned internally on your Expo 2020 Dubai-related business objectives & targets?
- Have you considered your marketing & communications’ priorities?
- Identified your challenges?
- Worked out how to localise your approach for new markets and audiences?
- Considered the tools, content or platforms that will help generate the most business leads?
- Considered your team’s resourcing plan for Expo 2020 Dubai?
- Is your roll-out plan and budget set and approved?
If you answered no to any of the above, then let’s look at what your next steps should be.
Kickstart your Expo 2020 Dubai marketing planning
A great starting point is to adapt an approach that is proactive in planning. It is critical to internally drive your Expo 2020 marketing planning rather than waiting to be informed, briefed or updated. This applies to all businesses regardless of size. However, for large-scale organizations, marketing planning tends to be much more complex given the involvement of various stakeholders a marketing function works with.
Planning is more like an integrated mapping process that outlines the following:
- What is core
- What actions are required
- When the work should be completed
- How it will be delivered
In order to effectively guide your overall planning, it is essential to first have an Expo 2020 Dubai-specific marketing strategy in place. This is particularly important if your intention is to reach new markets both across the Middle East and globally.
You risk running in an aimless direction and achieving little ROI if you don’t have a strategy that ties to real business needs, and which uses a localised approach reflecting the changing cultural expectations of unfamiliar markets.
Review your Expo 2020 Dubai marketing strategy
After establishing your strategic direction, it is important to realign with senior management and the various stakeholders you work with.
If there are any changes in the projects or product service lines direction for the upcoming year which will be required for participation in Expo 2020 Dubai, or if there are any changes on their perspective business targets, then these can be incorporated.
Agreeing on and understanding what your marketing ought to achieve can often lead to better results. To help you to budget and resource accordingly, it is essential to be aware of expectations, new campaign requirements or product launches you wish to showcase at Expo2020. You will need to consider these in your planning.
The next key step is to consider the localised marketing and communications targets you need to set for you and the team to ensure they are attainable. Reflect on previous years to determine what worked and how business growth was impacted.
It’s important to not shy away from change and modify as required in order to yield quality output, activities and to drive ROI.
“Agreeing on and understanding what your marketing ought to achieve can often lead to better results.”
8 essential tips for Expo 2020 Dubai marketing planning
Your Expo 2020 Dubai marketing plan is a living document and should be continuously revisited and modified catering to your business changes. Set out below are 8 essential tips for Expo 2020 Dubai marketing planning.
- Steer your marketing planning through a marketing strategy which aligns to your company’s objectives and defines your marketing objectives.
- Consider all of your project priorities, internal stakeholders, and annual requirements
- Think about any changes in the market that may impact your business position or potential to grow
- Assess your existing marketing approach and tools; they may need localising for new markets
- Map your annual activities in addition to any new activities
- Define your Expo 2020 goals and how you will measure progress
- Allocate your budget and resources
- Regularly revisit the plan and update as the business changes
Being organised and planning ahead for Expo 2020 Dubai presents you with the opportunity to be in control. Once you define your key objectives and targets you have a set direction on how to better reach and engage with your target audience.
It also enables you to allocate resources more effectively which will subsequently help to optimise your team and significantly contribute to your company’s bottom line.
Do you need help developing your Expo 2020 Dubai marketing strategy and plan? For assistance with creating your strategy and plan or reviewing your current marketing provision with Expo 2020 Dubai in mind, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.